Dentures are a vital tool in oral health care for many patients. Almost 41 million Americans wear dentures of some kind, and many of them still wear old-fashioned traditional dentures—the kind you imagine floating in a glass of water on grandma’s nightstand. The good news is, as with everything in the medical field, technology and innovation keep pushing boundaries forward. Today, we have several options for stabilized dentures thanks to mini dental implants. This innovation helps solve many of the common frustrations experienced by denture wearers.
Understanding Stabilized Dentures
Simply put, stabilized dentures are not the stereotypical dentures you might see in an old movie or TV show. Instead of resting on the gums like traditional dentures, these modern prosthetics are anchored to dental implants, providing a strong and reliable hold. The result? No more slippage or self-consciousness when you talk, laugh, or eat.
Stabilized dentures are possible because of dental implants. Metal screws are placed directly into the jawbone, creating a sturdy anchor point for the artificial teeth. In certain cases, your traditional dentures can be upgraded to implant-stabilized dentures, but we will need to make that determination at your initial consultation.
The Key Advantages of Mini Implants
Mini implants are smaller versions of traditional dental implants that measure less than half the size of conventional models. This slim profile allows us to place them using a less invasive procedure and in patients with less jawbone density. Some additional advantages mini implants provide are:
- Fast, easy placement and recovery: Traditional dental implants require multiple visits and months to heal. In contrast, we can place mini implants much more quickly, often in one appointment. The placement process is far less invasive, and because mini implants are immediately stable, a restoration can be attached in the same visit. Think of all the extra time you’ll have to enjoy your new teeth!
- Durable and stable: Their small size doesn’t mean they’re weak. The titanium design of mini implants is just as strong as traditional implants, and because they’re so much smaller, we can place more mini implants per denture. This spreads out your bite forces and gives you extra support, like installing extra beams under the roof of your house.
- More affordable: Rarely in life is a smaller, stronger, faster, more advanced upgrade less expensive, but when you choose mini implants, you save on costs. These savings are due to the reduced materials, quicker placement, and fewer visits required for mini implants.
When you stabilize your dentures with mini implants, you get a secure denture solution with many added benefits!
How Stabilized Dentures Help
Here’s a quick look at why stabilized dentures, also known as implant-retained dentures, are often a better choice than traditional options:
- Superior grip: No one likes that uneasy feeling of floating dentures moving in their mouth. Stabilized dentures stay firmly in place, giving you peace of mind when eating and speaking.
- No more adhesives: Adhesive pastes are a hassle and an added cost. With stabilized dentures, there’s no need for them.
- Comfort first: Say goodbye to irritation and those annoying sores from shifting dentures. A snug fit means comfort all day, every day.
- Enjoy food again: Traditional dentures, especially when they lose their fit, can force you to avoid certain foods. Now, you can enjoy all your favorites again and eat a varied, nutritious diet.
- Confidence boost: With extra stability comes the assurance that your teeth will function properly and look natural. With implant dentures, you can smile proudly!
Addressing Financial Concerns
While it’s true that better solutions sometimes come with a higher price tag, the long-term benefits often justify the investment. Implant dentures come in several varieties, depending on your unique needs, preferences, and budget.
At Brockley Dental Center, we understand that not everyone’s financial situation is the same. That’s why we’ll help you find a financial plan that works for you. Our team will help you understand your dental insurance so you know exactly what’s covered and help you set up a financing plan with our lending partners to manage out-of-pocket expenses. No matter your situation, we believe affordable dental care should be available to everyone.
Get Stabilized Dentures Today!
Choosing to pursue a dental procedure can be intimidating. These decisions shouldn’t be rushed—they should be made with a foundation of understanding and trust. If you are exploring denture options and are looking for enhanced stability and long-term satisfaction, implant dentures may be right for you.
In the spirit of helping you make a confident choice, we encourage you to schedule a denture consultation with our experts. We’ll address all your questions, provide insights, and guide you toward a brighter, more confident smile. Why wait? Let’s embark on this transformative journey together. Schedule your consultation today and discover the difference stabilized dentures can make!